Year 5 2022 - 2023
Class Teacher: Mrs Fullerty
Class TA: Miss James
Welcome back! We hope you have all had a lovely Summer and enjoyed a well deserved break.
We hope this half term will be full of exciting new learning and everyone is ready for some hard work and fun!
A little bit about us:
Hello I am Mrs Fullerty, your new Year 5 teacher here at St Mary’s. I am looking forward to working with you this year, watching you make huge progress and gain confidence on your learning journey.
I am eager to see you all become more creative, enthusiastic about your learning- achieving high standards in reading, writing and maths. I can't wait for all the funny jokes and the interesting things you all come and tell me throughout the day.
I have a daughter who is the same age as most of you! In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my family, exploring Rossendale with my two dogs; Primrose and Belle, camping, attending Church and listening to music.
Miss James is our Teaching Assistant and we have got lots of lovely activities planned to help our pupils grow in confidence and mindset this year.
This Spring term our topics are going to be:
- Geography – The Americas (North and South)
- Science – Forces
- DT – Structures; bridges
- Maths – Fractions, decimals and percentages
- English – Adventure stories and Poems
Our PE days are:
- Tuesday and Thursday. Children need to leave their PE kits at school. Children without full kit, or an exemption letter from home will not participate.
Homework is going to be sent home personalised to each child, if they are struggling or falling behind in one area. We are doing daily independent reading and journaling in school, times tables and spellings every day.
Please ensure your child’s name is in all items of clothing.
As part of the National Curriculum, Year 5 will be swimming this term at Whitworth swimming baths, beginning Wednesday 11th January 2023, and every Wednesday thereafter. Girls are required to wear a one-piece swimsuit (not bikini), a swimming cap for long hair and a towel. Boys are required to wear swimming trunks (not shorts)
A few reminders:
- Please ensure that your child has their PE kit in school each week with all items of clothing clearly labelled.
- You can support your child at home by helping them to explore TT rockstars and learning their times tables.
- Please also remember to encourage your child to read every day and sign their reading record
If you have any questions or would like to arrange an appointment to see me, please contact me on my email at email@example.com or the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
USEFUL WEBSITES FOR ADDITIONAL LEARNING:
Timestables Rockstars: https://ttrockstars.com/
Files to Download
Year 5: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display