Year 4 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 4
Miss McLaughlin- Y4 Class Teacher and Assistant Headteacher Mrs Marshall- Teaching Assistant
Welcome to Year 4!
I am Miss McLaughlin, the year 4 class teacher and one of the Assistant Headteachers here at St Mary’s, and I am looking forward to completing this final term with Year 4 to see how much progress they have made this year and to see all of their achievements. Our teaching assistant is Mrs Marshall and we are both really happy to be supporting and working with your children in year 4.
Below you will find some information about the topics we will be covering in this summer term. If you can talk to your children about their learning in class and encourage them to talk about what they have learnt, any significant people or events that they have focused on and encourage them to explore their own learning further, this would be great.
This spring term, our topics are going to be:
- History – Ancient Greece
- Geography - Jobs around the world
- Science – States of Matter & Sound
- RE – New Life, Building Bridges & God's People
Our PE day is going to be:
- Friday. Children need to leave their PE kits in school.
- Children are swimming on a Thursday and need their swimming kit with them on this day.
Homework is given out on a Wednesday and must be returned the following Monday. Homework is going to be as follows:
- Reading – It would be fantastic if you could listen to your child read and ask them questions to check that they understand what they have read.
- Spellings - Children should write the spelling words out in a sentence and practise the spelling of the word.
- Time Tables – It is ESSENTIAL all pupils in Year 4 know these as they have an important test in June related to all of the Time Tables. Please practice these daily.
- Comprehension- Children will be asked to complete a short comprehension to work on their reading skills.
Please use Purple Mash to practice times tables:
Or Time tables rockstars Soundcheck:
A few reminders:
- Please ensure that your child has their PE kit in school each week with all items of clothing clearly labelled.
- You can support your child at home by helping them to explore TT rockstars and learning their times tables.
- Please also remember to encourage your child to read every day and sign their reading record;
If you have any questions or would like to arrange an appointment to see me, please contact me on my email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the school office on email@example.com.
Files to Download
Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display