Year 4 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 4
Miss McLaughlin- Y4 Class Teacher and Assistant Headteacher Mrs Marshall- Teaching Assistant
Welcome to Year 4!
I am Miss McLaughlin, the Y4 class teacher and one of the Assistant Headteachers here at St Mary’s, and I am looking forward to working with your child this year. I am really excited to become part of the family here at St Mary's and to working with you and your child, seeing them make huge progress as the year progresses. Mrs Marshall is our Teaching Assistant and we have got lots of lovely activities planned to help our pupils move forward in their learning this year.
Below you will find some information about the topics we will be covering in this autumn term. If you can talk to your children about their learning in class and encourage them to talk about what they have learnt, any significant people or events that they have focused on and encourage them to explore their own learning further, this would be great.
This autumn term, our topics are going to be:
- History – The Egyptians
- Geography - Rivers
- Science – Living Things & Electricity
- RE – Family, People of God, Christmas.
Our PE day is going to be:
- Tuesday and Friday. Children need to leave their PE kits in school.
Homework is given out on a Wednesday and must be returned the following Monday Homework is going to be:
- Reading – It would be fantastic if you could listen to your child read and ask them questions to check that they understand what they have read.
- Spellings - Children should write the spelling words out in a sentence and practise the spelling of the word.
- Time Tables – It is ESSENTIAL all pupils in Year 4 know these as they have an important test in June related to all of the Time Tables. Please practice these daily.
- Writing- Children will be asked to complete a short piece of writing, based on something we have been focusing on in class.
Please use Purple Mash to practice times tables:
Or Time tables rockstars Soundcheck:
A few reminders:
- Please ensure that your child has their PE kit in school each week with all items of clothing clearly labelled.
- You can support your child at home by helping them to explore TT rockstars and learning their times tables.
- Please also remember to encourage your child to read every day and sign their reading record;
Files to Download
Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display