Year 2 2022 - 2023
YEAR 2 CLASS NEWSLETTER – SEPTEMBER 2022
Miss Kay Mrs Middleton
Welcome to Year 2!
I am Miss Kay, the Year 2 class teacher and I am looking forward to working with your amazing child this year. Mrs Middleton is our brilliant Teaching Assistant who will be supporting your children. We have got lots of exciting learning ahead of us this year and I am positive the children will love every minute.
In year 2 the children will be spending time training to be a Secret Agent in preparation for their Secret Agent Tasks (SATS) in the summer term.
This Autumn term our topics are going to be:
- English Autumn 1 – Twisted tales, including traditional tales with a twist, classic poetry and Instructions
- English Autumn 2 – Homes, including story writing, persuasion and poems on a theme
- Maths – Numbers to 100, Addition and Subtraction, Multiplication and Division, word problems, fractions and time.
- History – Black History Month
- Geography – The place where we live and play (Bacup and Lancashire)
- Science – Animals including humans and Materials
- E. – New beginnings and Preparing for advent
- Art – formal elements
- DT – structures
- PSHE – body names, Emotional wellbeing and Life Cycles
- Computing – Online safety, Making music and Creating pictures
- PE – fundamental movements and dance
Our PE days are going to be:
- Mondays and Wednesdays – children must have a full PE kit on these days.
Homework is going to be:
- 10 Minutes TT rock stars a week
- 10 Minutes reading 3 nights a week or more
- 6 spellings to learn each week
- Handwriting, Phonics or Maths practice sheet
Homework will be given on a Wednesday and return on a Monday. Reading books will be changed every Wednesday, please make sure you sign your childs read record EVERY NIGHT they read, this way the children will move up the reading challenge quickly and earn their read certificates more quickly.
Year 2: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display